Thursday, April 4, 2024

D is for Delicious

  Good Words Alphabetically: D is for Delicious

 


 


 

Delicious 


The morning glowed deliciously with golden rising sun
and in the slow enlightenment
Day’s low hum had begun.

The sun bounced higher, warmer,
rejecting clouds and rain
and gave the birds sweet songs to sing
so no one could complain.

Buttercups and daffodils
invited bees to tea,
and all the while I thought they looked
delicious just for me.

The gulls, pink roses, lilies,
grand osprey and pine tree,
wave crests, the clouds and buoys
made delicious sights indeed.

When pink and purple filled the sky
declaring day was done,
the evening just as scrumptiously said Night’s feast had begun.

By Donna JT Smith ©2024

I wrote a different D one first, but have decided to save it for another day, maybe a Sunday, and for at the end of "the book" if I compile these.  So there were two D's for today.  Two poems for today and two "fingerprints" (fingerprints being images drawn with my finger in notes on my phone...not an easy task, but I like messing with it! They are freeing for me because you can't control the result very well.).

E tomorrow!  Edgy, Electric, Elephant... wait.  That sounds like a poem beginning already.
 

7 comments:

  1. Delightful - you do have a way with words. I feel the breeze, smell the flowers, and hear the birds - you bring it all to life for me.
    With smiles, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowstorm. I think the plows woke me before 4 am, so I fixed the stanza and a couple of words that major league bothered me! Lol! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have always been delighted with words! Thanks for stopping by on my snowy undelightful morning in Maine!

      Delete
  3. I have always been delighted with words! Thanks for stopping by on my snowy undelightful morning in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Dynamic is another great word. I would have trouble being dynamic. I think I'm more laid back than dynamic! I think of the Dynamic Duo!

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Y is for Yesterday

 A to Z Challenge and National Poetry Month combined in my Good Words Alphabetically: Y is for Yesterday.     Yesterdays' Lessons Yester...