Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunday for a Triolet

Today is Sunday, so there is no AtoZ post.  It will resume tomorrow with the letter C.

But the Progressive Poem is progressing.  Go check out Catherine Flynn's Reading to the Core for the third line of the poem!  She's added an wonderful line.

When I read Amy Ludwig VanDerwater's triolet about not liking beets, I got the hankering for writing a triolet, and it had to be a response piece about how I love them.  See hers here: The Poetry Farm

I've written triolets before, but when I do, I still have to keep the format beside me in plain sight to keep checking that I'm not all mixed up!  I even marked this one with numbers and colors to be sure, AND then I used it as a way of showing my grandchildren the way you designate rhyme scheme when lines repeat.  So it was fun all around.

Pickled Beets

I really love sliced pickled beets
Bright burgundy and yummy
A blend of vinegar and sweets
I really love sliced pickled beets
They’re so much tastier than meats
Just ask my happy tummy
I really love sliced pickled beets
Bright burgundy and yummy  
 

Donna JT Smith ©2022

Triolets MUST be good brain growers!  Here's my cheat sheet with rhyme scheme.

Lines 1, 4, and 7 are the same
Lines 3 and 5 rhyme with 1,4,7
Lines 2 and 8 are the same
Line 6 rhymes with 2,8

1 I really love sliced pickled beets A

2 Bright burgundy and yummy B

3 A blend of vinegar and sweets a

4 I really love sliced pickled beets A
5 They’re so much tastier than meats a

6 Just ask my happy tummy b
7 I really love sliced pickled beets A
8  Bright burgundy and yummy B

Have a fun Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

Good Words Alphabetically: Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quiet...