Friday, April 1, 2022

A is for Alized and Alps

April is Poetry Month, and the Progressive Poem is beginning.  It is being organized by Margaret at Reflections on the Teche and the first line of the poem is at Irene Latham's Live Your Poem https://irenelatham.blogspot.com/.../national-poetry... (second line by ME tomorrow!).  I can hardly wait to see how this new poem added to and created by a team of poets will progress as it nears my day to add to it.  Meanwhile, I will be posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both fake word and random image for the day.  So far my plan is to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day, and the first image that appears.  Having never used this site though, I don't know what images will appear, so I may "pass" on a picture that I don't like or feel is appropriate for my young mind.

My first word...to start off with here on Friday, April 1...is "alized".  So I need to use this FAKE word in a poem.


Arise Alized

The lightning struck

the mountainsides

jolted, surprised

by lava skies

the mountain alized 

within itself

from crunchy deeps

to mineralized steeps

it smoldered long

mid rumblings strong

till morning bolts

replaced high volts

with solarized spears 

and chickadalized cheers

 those once quivering

have quieted shivering.


Donna JT Smith ©2022

 

There are so many ways to enjoy poetry this month!   Ready, set, GO!



 


5 comments:

  1. I'm not real familiar with poetry so I had to look up the definition of ekphrastic poetry. Then I had to look up the definition for alized as I was not familiar with that one either, lol. After having done a little research, lol, about the meaning of ekphrastic poetry, this definitely fit the category of a poem of that nature. Very nicely done! Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty
    https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Glad I provided some entertainment...
      I edited the explanation some so hat others wouldn't have to do as much research as you did! Thanks for hanging in there! I'll pop over to visit as soon as I have these kids in homeschool mode! Hope you check out a few more letters coming up!

      Delete
  2. What a challenge you've giving yourself! I will keep my eyes out for ways I can alize (without the lightning, please)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Donna, you've now defined a new verb! And created another. This is going to be fun to check out your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lordy--FAKE words?! I love that so much. Go Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

V is for Vibrant

Good Words Alphabetically: V is for Vibrant   I wasn't as taken with the picture.  Wanted an instrument in it, too.  But I liked his eye...