Monday, April 4, 2022

C is for Culatent and Corners

It is:

1. Day 4 of National Poetry Month.

2. Day 4 - Line 4 of the Progressive Poem.  Mary Lee @ A Year of Reading

3. Day 3 of AtoZ postings (no posts on Sundays).  

I will be posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both fake word and random image for the day.  My plan was to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day, and the first image that appears.  I have passed on a couple of images that I didn't quite understand.  Nothing's been inappropriate, just uninteresting maybe.  I don't pass on many though.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "culatent".  See poem below:

 

Corners

A cube is a cube

with its corners complete,

but lacking three sides

it's a roof or a seat.

Those culatent corners

made out of wood

with missing tri-siders

can't be what they should.

So pair them up soundly

then look at each side

their height is the same

as their inches are wide.

A cube is a cube 

with triangulant corners

Oh, cubes are the best

say the culatent scorners.


Donna JT Smith ©2022


~So what is the fake definition of culatent?~

Tomorrow is D..."donsul".  Yup.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

S is for Salubrious

Good Words Alphabetically: S is for Salubrious I KNOW you didn’t see this one coming, did you? My husband used to say “And how are you this...