Thursday, April 7, 2022

F is for Fussople and Fowl

Day 6 of AtoZ posts.  It's F day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  I try to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day and then pick the picture that seems to go with it somehow.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "fussople":


Fussily Feathered Fussople (fuss-ō'-pul)


Hails from fair Constantinople,

feathered fowlish fiend fussople;

with crimson eyes and purple crest

he's known to be a noisy pest:

He sings at night to wake the dead

when every soul should be in bed;

then in the morn he shushes dove,

and shatters calm with squawks above.

Fussople, vain, vociferous

rowdy and cacophonous

Provides no quiet, night or day

I beg you Fussople, go away.

 

by Donna JT Smith ©2022

 

Where does a fussople live?

~ G tomorrow! ~




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--what a lovely poem. I can see that gorgeous bird, preening, proudly. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story you tell us about this beautiful but loud bird. Nicely crafted words.
    Friends and Family Helpful to have in war!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...