Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday is a Poem Day

Sunday - no AtoZ - but a poem nonetheless.  Isn't nonetheless a great word?

No fake word for today.


Bold Reflection

 

I started on a walk today
 
but rain began to fall

I ran back in the house to dry
 
Reflection seemed to stall.
 
It wanted to stay out and play
 
No concern for water fall.
 
I darted in, it stayed outside
 
ignored my plea and call
 
I wish I had my shoes inside
 
out of the drowning squall
 
Reflection kept my shoes to fill
 
It's got a lot of gall...
 
and fill they will with raindrops
 
as much as will befall.
 
 
Donna JT Smith ©2022




1 comment:

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...