Friday, April 8, 2022

G is for Glowl and Grow

It's G day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  I try to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day and then pick the picture that seems to go with it somehow.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "glowl":

 

Glowl Under the Ground

 

Money doesn't grow on trees you know

But buried underground...

Piles are stacked under the roots

That's where it can be found!

Dig into the bank of earth

past loam and rocky glowl

Don't pay attention to the cry

Tree's frantic growl and howl!

Its bark is way worse than its bite

Its rings are set to silent

Grab the cash, but leave a bit

No need to get too violent

Leave change to seed the future

To blossom into more

Come back again another day

More interest is in store


by Donna JT Smith ©2022


H is for tomorrow, Saturday!

 

 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute poem... my granddaughter is interested in writing poetry in fourth grade. I will show her your poem and ask her to write one on money.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

V is for Vibrant

Good Words Alphabetically: V is for Vibrant   I wasn't as taken with the picture.  Wanted an instrument in it, too.  But I liked his eye...