Monday, April 11, 2022

I is for Ice and Impartious

It's "I" day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  I try to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day and then pick the picture that seems to go with it somehow.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "impartious":

Waisting Away

 

Impartious ice is melting in a freezing water spot

Though not as fast as it would melt inside a boiling pot

But even still it disappears to little from a lot

I wish my waist would shrink this fast whenever I'm too hot.

Perhaps this ice cream cooling me is hitting the wrong spot.

 

Donna JT Smith ©2022


2 comments:

  1. haha I didnt expect that ending. Very smart poetry
    Good day - Dropping by from A to Z - https://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!
      I'll visit in a bit.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

Good Words Alphabetically: Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quiet...