Wednesday, April 13, 2022

K is for Ku and Knot

It's K day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  I try to use the first randomly generated word that appears with the correct letter for the day and then pick the picture that seems to go with it somehow.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "ku":

 

Knowing Knots

It's helpful when you tie a knot to know how knots are tied

It isn't good to try to tie and ku from side to side

You have to make some loops and twists before you weave and slide

Sit back, admire your knot and smile, a jaunty smile of pride.

Now you can fasten boat or shoe whenever one's untied.


Donna JT Smith ©2022

Tomorrow ~ L

 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I do like that random word generator.
    Now to start using "ku" in everyday conversation to see if it catches on! ;)

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

V is for Vibrant

Good Words Alphabetically: V is for Vibrant   I wasn't as taken with the picture.  Wanted an instrument in it, too.  But I liked his eye...