Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday is

Today there is a break from the AtoZ Challenge, but I'm keeping on keeping on with a poem a day for National Poetry Month.  Here is a random picture I got today on https://randomwordgenerator.com/, and it reminded me of one of the verses in the Bible...

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. Matthew 7:25

Matthew 7:25

The rain pours down

and floods your soul

but with faith in foundations

you let the storm roll

it batters the windows

it rattles the door

but safe there within

you can ignore

the challenge of living

the depths of despair

for where you are standing

God fortifies there.


Donna JT Smith  ©2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

V is for Vibrant

Good Words Alphabetically: V is for Vibrant   I wasn't as taken with the picture.  Wanted an instrument in it, too.  But I liked his eye...