Thursday, April 21, 2022

R is for Ruk and Roof

It's R day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "ruk":

Roof Amuck

There's no accounting for some tastes,

Or why a brain can come unlaced

To think a house should be displaced

Upon its roof to run amuck

Where pointy edges can be stuck

Into the ground by brook and ruk.

Oh, give me roof up to the blue;

There is no sense in having view

That leads to ground through chimney flue.


Donna JT Smith ©2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...