Monday, April 18, 2022

O is for Ounters and Ocean

It's O day!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "ounters":

 

For Real

 

He paints a picture in oils of the ocean; 

He makes it so real: roiling clouds and emotion. 

And then the sea rocks and tides begin shifting, 

Salt water arises, begins flowing and lifting. 

It spills from its frame, it ounters the floor; 

His life has at last become one with the shore.


Donna JT Smith ©2022


Tomorrow - the P word -

1 comment:

  1. Fun theme premise, and perfect poem. I almost lifted my feet off the ground. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

W is for Whimsy

Good Words Alphabetically: W is for Whimsy Whimsy Often we must have a plan to get a good job done Practical and to the point and mostly ...