Monday, March 31, 2014

Ayuh to Z - My Theme

I can't believe it!  Today is the last day of The Two Writing Teachers March SOLC of posting daily for the month of March!  Another March SOLC completed! Yea! That was fun!  I can hardly wait for next year!

This is post 495 for me on Mainely Write.  I am on my way to 500.  This Saturday will be my 500th blog post!  500 posts.  Huh.  Who knew that would happen?  On that day, I'll be on letter E in the A to Z Challenge.  Excellent!

When I started this back in December of 2010, it was a whimmish thing.  I didn't really get serious until March of 2012, when a teacher friend of mine, Wanda, mentioned the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Challenge.  I decided to give it a try for the month of March, and from there I continued to blog on most Tuesdays.  Through that I discovered Poetry Friday, and added that to my "must do" list.  Then Laura Salas Purdie had her 15 Words or Less prompt, that I'm not sure how I ran across.  There were then Flash Fiction challenges, A to Z Challenges in April, and Poetry Jam.. before I knew it, I was deep into blogging.
I've met so many great people and read so many great stories and poems - I barely get any books read.

Through the encouragement of fellow bloggers I have had one poem published in an e-zine, I've expanded one of my poems and am having it illustrated for Indy publication, and I have begun writing a children's book, "Island Cat".  I've also begun a new blog "I, Noah Cat", starring my new cat, Noah.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers, for giving me the encouragement, the outlet, the audience to build and grow.

Now, tomorrow, bright and early, we begin the A to Z Challenge for the whole month of April.  A post a day will be happening here (except on Sundays) and in many other places in the Blogosphere.  Check here to find some links to some other participants' blogs: Blogging from A to Z Challenge, April 2014.

This will be my third year participating, and I think I'm set to go!  I will have a few posts ready to go up automatically for the end of April, as the last week in April is when our second grandchild arrives and I doubt that I will be able to focus on X, Y and Z!
Get ready, get set...
Go!
No -
        wait until tomorrow!

But I will tell you, I have changed my theme from "the one I never told you and will be saving until next year" to this one:
A to Z: Title Poems from Kids' Books by Maine Authors
(and maybe some for older audiences - if I run out of kids' books)
  
So what that means is, I am finding books, by Maine authors with titles A to Z.  I will have a picture of the book, tell you a bit about the book, add a link to the book, and feature a poem I've written by the same name as the book (but not necessarily having anything to do with the book).

Oh, and don't forget to check out the 2014 Kidlitosphere Progressive Poem  that is being written starting TOMORROW.  The first line will be by Charles Waters.  I'm up for adding a line on April 3!  Check the sidebar for dates and poets.

And in May, after grandbaby 2 arrives, I will probably be posting grandbaby and grandson stuff again, at least for parts of the month.
So that's the plan!
See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I just passed my 500th post not too long ago.
    I'm looking forward to another month of Maine from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your 500th! I'm looking forward to reading your abandonment discoveries!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for the picture books. Lots of appreciation for local authors. I hope you can share with someone that you are doing that, Donna. Glad to have been blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a fun month. Wish I'd been able to comment more. I got to some. I'll keep checking in on your blog!

      Delete
  3. Blogging challenges will make your post count go up fast. Last week I hit 1000. My first year of blogging I was doing 7 days a week though.

    Good luck with your April posts!

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember following your A to Z last year, and I love your idea for this year. And now, I need to check out your new cat.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...