Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Leaf

L is for Leaf

Font: Lino Chisel
Tagxedo Theme: Limeade on Ice
Poetry format: Lanturne
This poem is a Lanturne which is composed of 5 lines, with its syllable pattern being 1, 2, 3, 4, 1 for those five lines.  It gives the appearance of a Japanese lantern.


A
Green leaf
Showing its
Underside means
Rain

© 2012 Donna J.T. Smith
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

... and L is for Laughter
naturally joyful
a young child's laughter springs forth
 without being taught

© 2012 Donna J.T. Smith
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

L is for Lion, too!

Lions

Lions are big cats with manes to frame their faces
They prowl in the savanna, which a lion's favorite place is.

A lion has a loud, fierce roar - a scary, dreadful sound
Elephants and hippos hear their roars from miles around

They would like to eat a zebra or giraffe from off the plains
They drag the meal to give their cubs, and stop their hunger pains.

Mama lioness does the hunting, while papa lion guards the pride
The cub soon learns to hunt for prey along his parents' side.
 
Lions can be lazy and will purr themselves to sleep,
But watch out when they're wide awake, for they can quickly leap.

© 2012 Donna J.T. Smith
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

3 comments:

  1. I was always told that about the leaf's underside too. Nice to put it into a poem. And I like the rhyming in the first part of the lion poem: "faces & place is". Thanks Donna. Hope Gull Haven is moving along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poems, I love the Lion one and have called through my small child to read it to him. He approves.

    Good luck with the rest of the A to Z Challenge. My blog is themed on Doctor Who I would love for you to pop by if you have a minute even if you aren't aware of or a fan of the TV show
    http://itsmotherwho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/normal-0-false-false-false-en-gb-x-none.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from the A to Z. Thought I'd start trolling from the middle of the list. And here I am! Lovely poetry! Glad I found you. And now I'ma new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

R is for Rocking

Good Words Alphabetically: R is for Rocking   Words from a Rocking Chair I rock in chair on days of sun And rock until the day is done I ro...