Friday, April 13, 2018

M is for MS NEAT and Minute Poetry




Poetry Form:  Minute Poetry - Minute Poetry has 12 lines of 60 syllables written in iambic meter. Its format is 3 stanzas of 8,4,4,4 syllables each.  The rhyme is aabb, ccdd, eeff.

Ms Neat

So many things to put in place
It's like a race;
A mess I fear  -
I neaten here.
Can never leave a speck of dirt
It seems to hurt
All must be fixed
Sorted, unmixed.
It's all just one big curse on me,
To live by sea
Where all this sand
Covers the land.

by Donna JT Smith

And here are more M vanity plates that I liked:



  

4 comments:

  1. I really like the rhythm of this one
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem very much! Thank you for sharing :) happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minute poems seem daunting and fun! Your poem got me smiling Donna. Indeed, what a predicament to be, by the sea!

    Mitti @ NamySaysSo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...