Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Q is for QUA8RO and Quinzaine

I am participating in the A to Z Challenge this month, and today's letter is Q.
I have spent the past year-ish taking pictures of Maine vanity plates when I saw them.  I am writing a poem for each one, and this year the poem form begins with the same letter.
I only found one vanity plate for this one!  Surprise, surprise!  Q is not one of those popular letters, I guess.


I wrote a Quinzaine for this one.
A quinzaine is an unrhymed verse of fifteen syllables in three lines with the syllable distribution of 7/5/3.  The first line is a statement and the next two lines ask a question relating to the first line.


Quatro

One and two and three and four.
Strumming on guitar?
Or counting?

by Donna JT Smith,  ©2018

***********************************************

Quatro = four in Spanish
Quatro = a small guitar with four or five strings or pairs of strings, used in Latin American and Caribbean music.

Rrrrrr be next!



3 comments:

  1. I love it! I always want to meet the people whose license plate you feature. And I always enjoy your poetry. Melanie's Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great license plate for your Q entry. I knew the Spanish definition of quatro but not that it was also an instrument. Nice way to work them both into your poem. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poem! I love this pattern.
    Jui Positive Cookies

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...