Wednesday, April 4, 2018

E is for EVR YNG and Etheree

For the A to Z I am posting a Maine vanity plate beginning with the letter of the day and a poem, in a poetic format beginning with the day's letter, that was inspired by the plate.
So today E is for EVR YNG and an Etheree.



  Here is the MASTER LIST of ALL participants who signed up for the #AtoZchallenge 2018!
**************************************************************************************
The poetry form, Etheree, consists of 10 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 syllables. Etheree can also be reversed and written 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

**************************************************************************************

Ever Young

Your
secret
for staying
forever young
is to forever
love the moments given,
to hold each new encounter
wrapped in the tissues of your heart,
releasing them again for others
as words vibrant with new color and depth.

by Donna JT Smith, 2018

**************************************************************************************




Nice that I got EASTER in the right month at least.   And Easter Etheree would have been a good option also, but I think I had already started the other poem when I found this one.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really hard format and you nailed it
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting! I'm curious about how you found all the license plates--Perhaps you discussed it in a previous post. I'll have to check back. I'm a Mainer doing the A-Z challenge as well! Great to find you!
    <a href="https://melaniecrousesblog.blogspot.com/2018/04/e-is-for-writing-excuses.html>Melanie's Stories</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the time A to Z is over for the year, until the next A to Z I take pictures of parked cars. If someone is in the car, I stop and talk to them and tell them what I am doing. If they are not, I just take the picture and go on my merry way!

      Delete
  3. Well...I'm not sure what happened to that link, but if you're really interested you can probably find me from it somehow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I just tried it in a reply to you and it just keeps on putting in those extra spaces after the <a...odd. I did both a cut and paste and a type from scratch...same-same. I can get to your site though...so, see you there!

      Delete
  4. Engaging Etheree! :) Learned something new from your post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...