Monday, April 9, 2018

I is for Indriso and In Faith

Vanity plates in Maine that start with I...and a poem form beginning with I...and they both go together...






************************************************
In Faith

By faith I know the roaring sun will reappear to face us,

the sleepy moon will return changed in the night,
 
and the pouring rains will fill soil with sustenance.

By faith I know the green grass blades will creep in cracks to fill gaps
and my heart will stand for good despite the dark.
I plant lilac and rose to fill breezes while we're here.


In faith and by faith I am walking;

This I know, it’s the sweetest way to go.

by Donna JT Smith ©2018

************************************************
This morning, after reading it last night and not being content with it, I rewrote.
 
In Faith 
 
By faith I know the roaring sun will reappear face bright,

the sleepy moon will return changed each night,
 
and the pouring rain will fill soil with its might.

By faith I know the grass will creep in cracks, greening spaces,
my sore heart will stand for good and look for soothing graces,
and lilac and rose will I plant to fill breezes with their traces.


In faith and by faith I am walking, this I know.

Faith is by far, the sweetest way to go.

by Donna JT Smith ©2018
 
 
Indriso has  two terzains and two one-line stanzas (3-3-1-1), with free use of the number of syllables in its verses. It admits all grades and types of rhyme. 

http://poeticconnections21.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/what-is-indriso.html


Here's a nice one.  I tried writing one for this, but it just didn't take...
Feel free to try it!




9 comments:

  1. Another great one! I'm not sure if I like your first version or your 2nd version better. But it's awesome to see what revisions can do. Nice job!
    Melanie's Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm intrigued by writing different versions of the same poem lately!

      Delete
  2. Isn’t this lovely! Both of them! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indriso is something I discovered very recently. I like your poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've heard of this form also. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Very lovely. Faith is wonderful and it's exciting to find faith advertised or shared in such interesting places. I just stopped by from the challenge to say hello.

    Melissa @Sugar Crime Scene

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...