Tuesday, April 3, 2018

D is for DN2ERTH




 Here is the MASTER LIST of ALL participants who signed up for the #AtoZchallenge 2018!
 
**************************
D is for DN2ERTH and Didactic Poetry.
Didactic Poetry is a form of poetry intended for instruction such as for knowledge or to teach.  Not sure if this is exactly the instruction they intended, but it is close enough for me and my vanity plate.




Like a Flower

Her head, not in the clouds,
She's planted on the ground 
And does not look for pots of gold
Where crocus can be found.
Flights of fancy, fairy tales
Don't keep her thoughts amused
She's looking for the deeper stuff
That cannot be confused
No pixie dust nor sparkling gems
She's of the earth and sky
Where stars like diamonds twinkle
A treasure not to buy
She's down to earth and happy
All she needs is rain and sun
With tree as hat, warm soil for toes
And a visiting bee, for fun.
 
by Donna JT Smith, 2018

This vanity plate could also have made an interesting poetry subject...no time, no time...must move on! Feel free to write to it!

14 comments:

  1. Great poem. I'd love to see what you would come up with for the other one too
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Sometimes I do double up and write to more than one plate.

      Delete
  2. We need more people like this, humility and simple living is the need of the day! Cheers,
    Deepa
    2018: A-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by today! I'll be visiting your blog shortly!

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna,

    That was enjoyable. It took me a minute (slow brain today) to get the "down to earth" bit, but it did come with the Ah Ha moment to follow.

    I really liked the poem - allowed for visuals to be conjured up. It made me smile too as I'm definitely a down to earth kinda gal.

    Cheers, Jenny at Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get quicker at the reading of vanity plates the more you see them. They are on lots of cars here, so I get plenty of practice! I hate when I see a good one and it is moving.

      Delete
  4. I like that you saw a plate and wrote a poem from it. Inspiration strikes from so many places! New here from the A to Z challenge.

    2018 A to Z Blogger
    Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my third year doing vanity plates. I'll probably go back to lobster boat names next year for a second round of those.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your post today. My daughter, the biggest Star Wars fan, would probably enjoy a poem on the other. Visiting from
    If I Only Had A Time Machine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do that one, but the plates pick themselves...I have little to do with it.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful poem. I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of your theme! 'With tree for hat, warm sand for toes' summed it up beautifully.

    Dame of Mighty Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poem worked well with the plate - well done.
    Never written a didactic hmmm.
    https://moondustwriter.com/2018/04/05/education-children-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...