Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A to Z on a Plate - P



Putting Ps on a Plate today.  The plate I picked today, was my most recent find.  I was at the Dairy Queen... well, I wasn't AT the Dairy Queen.  We were actually driving along to somewhere else, and the car in front of us had this license plate.  I couldn't take the picture from the car, as it was too far away and moving.  The picture would be too blurry - ask me how I know.  So we followed them into the Dairy Queen parking lot when they pulled in.   I then walked up to the father who was in line waiting for his order, and asked him if I could take a picture of the plate.  He was agreeable, and I turned to take the picture.  Before I did though, I asked him why he'd picked this word.  Being an avid puzzle-put-er-togetherer, I was sure I knew the answer, but asked anyway.  Instead of the answer I thought it would be, he told me it was for Autism Awareness.  Right!  Of course, that is the other piece of the puzzle.  I was glad I asked!  And guess what - April is Autism Awareness month. Perfect timing all around!

As a teacher, I had a number of children with autism over the years.  I remember them all fondly.  They were always full of surprises, and I loved working with them.  If I could start over again, I think that is where my heart lies, and I'd be a teacher of children with Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
#atozchallenge #NaPoWriMo #imagepoems


Variously hued
Complex pieces are grounded
Within straight edges.

by Donna JT Smith, 2016, all rights reserved

Here are some more plates I found in my parking lot stalking expeditions.  Please feel free to post a poem in the comments.  I'll repost them on Sunday!










See you tomorrow for a plate of Q!  Oh, this one is going to be Questionable and Quixotic; the Quintessential Poem.

Please leave a comment and put your url or link in your comment, so I can jog on over to your site!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get this comment ten times : ) I had trouble getting it to send. Such an interesting take on the A-Z Challenge. Best of luck as you continue through the alphabet. Thanks very much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    I caught up.

    Opal:

    long vacation drive
    uneasy sleep in guest house
    opal dawn

    PMPKN

    glass slipper lost
    dress still shines & glows
    pumpkin smashed

    Also, I have a friend with a cool Maine license plate, Pooka, and I asked her to send it to me. Do you want it if I get it?

    I like your Autism poem, it's very sweet and astute.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...