I look at her and remember...
- the day she got a concussion because she was learning to walk and the dog ran over her
- the night she wore her shiny red shoes to bed because she loved them so much
- the day she learned where babies come from because she was curious
- the Christmas she saw all the presents (unwrapped) because she was being helpful
- the afternoon she got shin guards for soccer because I made her play
- the day she decided she would never have children because it would just be too painful
- the night she did the Irish step dance because it was the last recital her grandfather would attend
- the day she gave me a rock for Mother's Day because I love rocks
- the day she sang at graduation because she wanted to surprise us
- the day she showed us the ultrasound because she was having a baby
I look at her and see...
- what my mother saw.