Thursday, March 17, 2011

Better, Much Better

Today is going to be better.
It's better already.
Sleeping through the night helps.
Having time for peanut butter and orange marmalade on toast for breakfast makes a difference.
The sun is shining.
The icy trees are glistening.
A variety of birds are tweedle-deeing and tweedle-dumming to spice up the morning.
There are still some oatmeal cookies in the cupboard.
My tea supply is sufficient.
Not spilling my coffee all over the front seat of the car is an improvement.
My husband will be home this afternoon when I get there.
Yup, better already.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, sunshine, sleeping, cookies, and spouse are all elements to make a day better. Glad things are looking up. Have a good evening with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this poem. Pointing out the obvious but with a unique eye on positive. Enjoy the good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice that after a bad day we all get to start anew the next morning. Cookies and tea still in the cupboard just in case things go downhill sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the phrase "a variety of bird are tweedle-deeing and tweedle-dumming."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a delightful set of words, almost talking to yourself in its tone. I loved each bit, & kept wondering what part I might say if I had done it, but the kicker at the end-lovely. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Very positive and upbeat - I can hear it in your voice. Today is going to be a better day -- choose your attitude every day!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...