Monday, April 29, 2019

Y is for YAY-CAT #AtoZ Challenge

One more day in April.  One more day for National Poetry Month.  One more day for the AtoZ Challenge.  I am writing a poem a day for April, and except for Sundays, the poems are inspired by vanity plates in Maine.

Y is for YAY-CAT:

Super Cat

Yay, cat!
My feline hero!
Cat score - one,
Mousie - zero!

Gone that mouse
From my house

Way to go!
Job done well
Hooray, cat!
Rest a spell.

Mouse won’t roam
In your home.

Yay, me - meow!
I’ll take my beow.
Then curl up here -
Nap time neow.


By Donna JT Smith ©2019



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Z is for Zoetic

Good Words Alphabetically: Z is for Zoetic Ah, z end of z month... I'm going to miss writing a poem and drawing every day.  Perhaps I wi...