Friday, March 25, 2016

Starlight

This week, Laura Purdie Salas posted a picture of decorative lights strung from the ceiling in an airport.
I saw these lights as our attempt to bring starlight closer to us to enjoy on a cloudy day or EVEN inside!   We (well, I do anyway) have a fascination with stars, but stars are not to be visited by us - at least not in the near future.   We can enjoy the feeling of starlight and stars by simply stringing some lights above.
We can bring our stars closer to us, though we cannot get closer to them.

This was my 15 Words or Less response:

Faraway Lights

Drawn to stars
Where we might never go,
But we can bring them closer.
 
©Donna JT Smith, 2016, all rights reserved

It's pretty amazing that, though we cannot always see the sun, the moon or the stars, they are always there.  Pretty comforting thought.


Happy Poetry Friday!
It's a Good one!

More poem links my be found at our hostess, Heidi Mordehorst, at My Juicy Little Universe.

And of course, this is Day 25 of the Slice of Life Challenge!  See what others are slicing today at Two Writing Teachers!

6 comments:

  1. I love how so few words can say so much. I also love the magical feel of those decorative lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny--in England I learned to call those little ones "fairy lights," and although yes, I think they're supposed to replicate twinkling stars, now I always think of flitting living beings who might grant a wish. Either way, we want to bring them closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is comforting to think they are always there. I don't get out to the country often to "really" see the stars, but I do see Orion's belt often here & it pleases me. Nice poem, Donna. I don't get to do Laura's 15 words very much because it's the day I go to the bookstore. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these stars, Donna! Good for you, doing Laura's 15 words or less. Such good practice, isn't it? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem, Donna. I love looking at the stars, too.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...