Today is Poetry Friday, and Catherine is hosting at Reading to the Core.
The game is afoot!
I'm posting the Scavenger Hunt I quickly put together when Tabatha Yeatts
See here for historical, birthdatical references...
Click on the cake!
If YOU want to make a hunt for the rest of us to solve, create your own box on the padlet with the clues. Click anywhere on the padlet to create an editable box. See how I formatted it, with:
- name of blog linked (you don't need the date)
- P for # of poem on the page
- L for which Line to go to in the poem
- W for which Words in that line to use.
My suggestion, from the limited experience I've had, is that you should try a short poem first...maybe only 4 lines. It can be time consuming and your family will not know you anymore. I only made this one long because I have CLIGS - "Can't Let It Go Syndrome" - or maybe I just wanted to see how many I could get... ok, maybe that's the same syndrome.
When you are in a hunt or if you are making one, remember these rules for Poetic Success.
- Click on the links in order.
- Look for the poem, line and words.
- Copy them down in the order given. Tah-dah... a poem. The first one has 9 lines
- If you have done the poem, you can post the completed poem on your page.
- Then in the comments in the padlet box where you found the clues, or in the comments on this page, put a link to show where your poem is so others may
cheatcheck to see how you did. (See the comments box on the padlet to see how I put mine in)
Questions? Comment so I can help out. Broken stuff? Let me know so I can fix it!
Next month is:
- Poetry Month
- and the AtoZ Challenge. I will be posting a poem a day - and my theme this year is again Vanity Plates in Maine. Oh, we have more! I will post a plate and a poem a day all month long.
- And we'll try to get a Scavenger Hunt in, too.
- Oh, and the Progressive Poem.
- Oh, and a trip to PA for my grand daughter's birthday
- and my daughter's birthday, kind of.
- AND I'm moving?
Where are you going
bags packed with punctuation,
words, white space and heart?
To scribe my story,
of unpacked thoughts and burdens
on white space, with heart.
by Donna JT Smith
Hope to have something for ME to solve on the padlet! I have extra time now!