Monday, April 4, 2011

My Triolet to the Rain

A Triolet is a poetic form consisting of only 8 lines.  Within a Triolet, the 1st, 4th, and  7th lines 
repeat, and the 2nd and 8th lines do as well.  The rhyme scheme is simple:  ABaAbcAB, capital 
letters representing the repeated lines.
Make writing a Triolet more challenging!  Make each line 8 syllables in length (4 metrical feet), 
written in iambic tetrameter (the more common way), or try it in pentameter (English version) 
where each line only has 10 syllables(5 metrical feet). 
Shadow Poetry site


My Triolet to the Rain

The rain falls down and puddles up
Threatening to soak through my shoes
And dampen my spirts and hair
The rain falls down and puddles up
Turning walkways to riverbeds
And melting snowbanks to sandbanks
The rain falls down and puddles up
Threatening to soak through my shoes

3 comments:

  1. This is really fine, Donna. I like the structure you've chosen & the repeating lines are so lovely. I like that 'puddles up'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. This isn't a form I am familiar with. I really like the line repetition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired once more to try something new! Great topic choice for this form of poetry.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

Good Words Alphabetically: Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quiet...