Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chick Limerick


I have been sososososo busy today trying to get done stuff I should have done all week. 
Had to make a quick stop at Tractor Supply.  The baby chicks were so loud, we were drawn
to the big pens in the middle of the store.
They are really cute...now.
I've raised chickens before, or rather my parents did. 
I was harassed by them as a child.   Nope, no chickens for me.
I'll get my eggs fresh from the grocery store 
and select freshly plastic wrapped chicken parts to cook for supper.

Limerick
A Limerick is a rhymed humorous or nonsense poem of five lines which originated in Limerick, Ireland.
The Limerick has a set rhyme scheme of : a-a-b-b-a with a syllable structure of: 9-9-6-6-9.  
The rhythm of the poem should go as follows:  
Lines 1, 2, 5: weak, weak, STRONG, weak, weak, STRONG, weak, weak, STRONG 
Lines 3, 4: weak, weak, STRONG, weak, weak, STRONG 

I saw in the store little chickens,
All fluffy and cute as the dickens.
They were grown really sweet,
Under lamps that gave heat,
Awaiting a farmers’ hand pickin’s.

1 comment:

  1. But they're so inviting! Nice limerick & happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...