Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sharing My Ditty Ode

You may have already seen this if you visited Michelle Barne's blog this week.  She has a challenge to write an ode to an inanimate object at Today's Little Ditty this month.

I happened to be sitting in the kitchen beside a big box of tissues when the call for an ode came through.  Those tissues seemed open to the idea for an ode just for them.
So I oded them.  I also acrosticated them.

Guidelines for the Ode to an Object:
Choose an object (a seashell, a hairbrush, a bird nest, a rolling pin). It should not be anything symbolic (such as a doll, a wedding ring, or a flag). Write five lines about the object, using a different sense in each line (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell). Then ask the object a question, listen for its answer, and write the question, the answer, or both.
An Ode to a Tissue (and an acrostic)

The faintest whiff of clean, starched sheets 
In white, you lie flat, stiff, well pressed, waiting as
Shaking fingertips flounder, feeling for your straight, thin edge
Silently you caress my face, no, you are quietly humming
Unduly seasoned with salt from my tears.
Eternally crumpled, rolled up in a ball, do you have any regrets?
Shush, so happy to help.
Donna JT Smith 

This may seem like cheating to put this up today, but I have places to go and things to do today.  I hope you are able to try out a few lines at least of the scavenger hunt sometime this weekend.  I will post both poems next Friday!
The link to the padlet with the clues is at the top of my page just above the pages tabs and below the title. AND it is to the RIGHT in the navigation bar along with a QR code for accessing it on your mobile device quickly and easily to take with you on your phone...  I don't know how necessary that is, BUT since it can be done, why not do it?  That's my motto.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I did an acrostic today too! I love that you chose a tissue box. For as much as we need tissues in our lives, they should really have more poems dedicated to them. I love your word choice!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...