Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Poems on Which to Vote

Silly me.  I almost wrote "Poems to Vote On".  Illegal parking of a preposition.  Preposition Police take note.  I try not to end with a preposition if I can figure out a way not to. (ha...see I thought that would be funny).. end with one. (there... no preposition)

Voting on the first round is open ALL day!  Have your class register and vote on their favorites today.  It's a fun day long kids' poetry event.  Classrooms may sign up to vote at Ed DeCaria's Madness! Poetry

Individuals create a log in or use their FB log in starting at the main page of Madness!Poetry.  Read poems and vote as "Fans"!

Slice of Life anyone?  It's Day 8.  The above is a huge slice of my life right now, as I have voted on all 32 matchups!  Wonderful way to spend my day!

But now it is time to just watch the results.
And time for Jello - for which there is always room, right?


Pickles has an accomplice - or friend...
I found this little guy, a soft floppy brown moose, while I was out riding across the countryside with my husband.

He's retired now, too - as of this past December 31 - so we take frequent jaunts to anywhere and everywhere.  Unfortunately, the frost is heaving now and country roads can be a little - no, a LOT - bumpy and treacherous.  Lumps and bumps, rolls and holes - and all random and unexpected.  Spring in the northeast is rough.  Can't look at the view too long or a road hazard gets you! 

Anyway, we were out riding along avoiding potholes and ski ramps.  I'd had just about enough driving.  My back and neck were getting sore.  When we came up on a crossroads we realized we were in Windsor.  And right there was the little general store, Hussey's, where they sell just about everything.  Finally a place to stop and reorganize my body!  And it's a fun place to boot!

I could have bought a weather vane, a wood stove, a birthday card, a rocking chair, milk, a rifle and a wedding gown.  I could have bought a whoopie pie, a fishing pole, and a pair of socks, but I stopped at the moose, Jello and a couple of diet Mountain Dews.  Except for selling wedding gowns, it is like a mini Maine Walmart.

I'm getting the moose ready to send to my grandchildren in PA.  He's in a small box with 5 packages of Jello - cherry, lime, orange, lemon and grape.  I wonder what they will name their Jello moose.  Pickles will miss him, but he still has us.  I'll just let him make some Jello tonight and he'll be fine.



11 comments:

  1. I love stores like those! It's so fun to browse because you really just never know what you're going to find.

    I think they should name him Jello. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! I hadn't planned on getting a moose and Jello... or Jello and Jello! But, there you go!

      Delete
  2. Stores like that are the best! We have a Windsor too, & of course, lots of moose! Best wishes for the Poetry Madness, too, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to go back when the roads are better!
      Thanks, Linda!

      Delete
  3. You went on a little adventure with your husband and found a treat for the children. I guess they all like jello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grandchildren had never had it before, and they were just enthralled with it and the idea that a moose had made it! We are having lots of adventures!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I bet their faces will light up to see their own moose bringing Jello with him (or her). Fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got some comments on your students' posts... not all, but will do all eventually! Hope they enjoy them!

      Delete
    2. You are the sweetest! We were just looking at the comments that you left. We were surprised and really loved your poem to Layla. Now we are going back to find more comments. THANK YOU!

      Delete
  5. I do so LOVE the way you find joy in everything. Even when your body was sore your mind was working overtime. (I have been in stores like that - they do give you energy! And this line is so funny: "Except for selling wedding gowns, it is like a mini Maine Walmart.") What a fun gift for your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to be "happy to be happy"! Now where did I hear that?

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...