Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for Irene & Sherry II

A to Z - Today is I.  Or should that be, today is me?  No, I.
This lobster boat is named after the two " girls" in the lobsterman's life, as is custom.
"Irene & Sherry II"
Named after women
So dear in a life;
One is his daughter,
The other his wife.

Not together asea,
Yet never alone;
Adored adorn
To bring him home.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Educational Intermission
Indigo - sometimes, like once in 2 million times, you may see a blue lobster.  I've got to eat more lobster.  I think I'm about halfway to 2 million now and haven't seen one yet!



8 comments:

  1. Nice poem again and interesting factoid, I love to see lobsters yellow - from lots of butter - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat my lobster plain, plain, plain...unless it's a lobster roll - then I'd need a roll.

      Delete
  2. Cute poem. I think I saw a special on TV once and they showed one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some good programs/videos on lobstering.

      Delete
  3. i love that name irene, you don't hardly hear it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really don't hear it much, though I do know two grown women by that name.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this poem. Very nice. I am also writing poems for the A toZ challenge. I'm always happy to find other poets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you put the words together, Donna, "not together area, yet never alone..." Very sweet sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...