Saturday, March 31, 2012

Done and Done

Outside shell

Inside shell


Well, it is almost midnight...March is over.  April A to Z Challenge is about to happen!  I am doing a poem for each letter of the alphabet plus a little extra challenge has been added to it.
This is not unlike my saga with the necklace!  I finally got the little dangles done and put some super glue on the knot to keep it secure.  Guess what happens next.
Well, liquid super glue wicks down the cord gluing all the beads together...and a little of my fingers.  Fortunately I got the slow set kind, so I was able to get it off my hands before I became mitten handed.  But the beads weren't so lucky.  They stuck together, and wiggling them to see if they'd loosen up and not be stiff made the thread break in half.  So not good.
I went back to The Beadin' Path as quick as my little car could, and bought more beads and a prethreaded needle with silk thread, so the threading of the tiny beads would go more quickly.  That was a relief! 
So it wasn't easy.  Had to come up with a new solution for tying them off.  But I got 'er done.
And it isn't midnight yet!
Whew!
Post #31.  Last for March.  Didn't miss a one...
Must get this posted and go to bed!
Tah-dah!

4 comments:

  1. What a tale-glad you were able to fix the glue problem. I'll look for you in your A to Z. I'm just doing my own poem a day, & trying some structures, modeling after you last year, Donna! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the ability to do bead work. Kudos to you for persevering with it. AND, congrats on completing the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took on TWO challenges, and lived to tell the tale...good thing you have this blog! Hope to see you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wear this necklace inside out. It looks good both ways.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...