Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Double Trouble

Each day in April, except for Sundays, we are challenged to write on a topic that begins with the letter of the day.  Because it is also Poetry Month, I have chosen, for the second year in a row, to write a poem a day.  Sunday will have a poem related to the topic, but not assigned a letter.  Click on the AtoZ Challenge tab above and visit more bloggers participating in this alphabetically challenging month!

My topic is Maine Lobster Boat Names...with a Trawler or two thrown in for missing letters.  Photos are all taken by me, of boats on the coast here in Maine.  They are mostly on land, as this is where they are parked for the winter awaiting warmer days and lobsters to return from deeper waters.  So enjoy!  Here's D for Double Trouble =

"Double Trouble"
 I may double your trouble
But I'll double the fun

Salting your mornings
Flavoring your days
Spicing up summers
With ocean sprays

Working from morning
Til eve's setting sun.


Educational Diversion:
double - Two traps on a single buoy.
Watch as the lobster boat the Dominator is launched in Portland, Maine. I did not take this footage; it is available on YouTube.



 Remember to go visit some other great posts now!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Donna. I've come over to your side of the continent. Boats and ships are a foreign culture to me. I find them a treat, riding as well as viewing them. Thanks for the treat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check back for more! I'll be checking in on your next great place to visit!

      Delete
  2. you make me almost want one donna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, at the very least you could have a lawn ornament like Angelinda was!

      Delete
  3. Love the way you used the cooking terms in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsie! The ocean is full of flavors to me!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic theme.... very ingenious of you. will check back again.

    Patricia, Sugar & Spice & All Things ? Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had fun driving around looking for boats!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful poem Donna! I could smell the fresh lobster coming in now.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie! Thanks! Mmmm - fresh lobster - soon, very soon!

      Delete
  6. That's a big boat! Love the poem, & thanks for telling us shat double means. All those terms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing a random passing through for the A-to-Z. Neat idea for your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun theme! Now I wish I was on one of these boats!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...