Thursday, April 27, 2017

WCKD-GD #AtoZChallenge

Notes about this challenge:
The A to Z Challenge is to write to the letters of the alphabet in order, one a day each day in April, except on Sundays.
To find more A to Z Challenge blog posts, click on any A to Z Challenge link I've made in this post. Read through the comment links on that page and see what interests you.  Read.  Comment. Spread the love of our alphabet around!
If you are commenting here, please include your post's link so that I can return the visit easily.  I'd like to visit your site, if you don't mind!
If you want to see where I've visited, click on A to Z Challenge in the tab at the top and it will take you to a padlet of links.  If you want to see yours there, visit me.  If you are doing the A to Z Challenge, I'll visit you and link you. 





Wicked good... a phrase often heard in Maine... means ultra good, the best, way cool!

Wicked Good

I think that I shall ever grow weary of
sliding on seaweed covered rocks hiding sidling crabs,
watching wind worn gnarled scrub pines survive a'salted by the sea,
staring up at regal King's pines shooting plumage straight to waiting clouds,
dodging silky seagulls swooping, snooping, scooping eating lunch for free
rolling along on acres of northern fields of bobbing potato blossoms
stumbling over farm grown rocks popping up faster than any other crop
spying on deer feasting on grasses, daffodils and any ornamental plant
breathing in, breathing out, listening to the whispering of waves nonstop
It's more than good;
It's wicked good.

by Donna JT Smith, 427/2017





4 comments:

  1. How nice would be to live in Vacationland...
    -----
    Eva - Mail Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. People associate the term "wicked ____" with New England, but when I first moved to the Binghamton area of upstate New York over 30 years ago, people used wicked. Why here? I have no idea. We don't have waves or snoopy seagulls. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? Maybe it started here because someone from ME went to NY and heard it! LOL!

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...