Wednesday, April 5, 2017

DAM #AtoZChallenge

Yesterday was the fourth day of the Progressive Poem, and Michelle H. Barnes at Today's Little Ditty supplied the fourth line, you see below.  You can visit her blog to read about the process in the line's creation.  Sometime later today, visit Diane Mayr at Random Noodling to see what our next line is!  
Here's the poem is so far:
I'm fidget, friction, ragged edges--
I sprout stories that frazzle-dazzle
stories of castles, of fires that crackle 
with dragonwords that smoke and sizzle.
 
The schedule of poets in April is on the side navigation if you want to check where it is heading this month.  I'm day 21 to add a line...that's a looong way off!  Lots can happen before it arrives here!

There are a lot of letters in the A to Z Challenge between now and then, too!
 **********************************
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2017/04/atozchallenge-4-5-2017-letter-d.html
************************************
Notes about this challenge:
The A to Z Challenge is to write to the letters of the alphabet in order, one a day each day in April, except on Sundays.  
I am, for the second year, posting vanity plates in Maine.  Because it is April, National Poetry Month, I'm going to write a poem based on the the license plate. On Sunday I will post a bonus plate - an extra one I've found that intrigues me.    
To find more A to Z Challenge blog posts, click on any A to Z Challenge link I've made in this post, or the D badge above. Read through the comment links on that page and see what interests you.  Read.  Comment. Spread the love of our alphabet around!
If you are commenting here, please include your post's link so that I can return the visit easily.  I'd like to visit your site, if you don't mind!

 ************************************
Here's the Vanity Plate from somewhere in Maine:


The Dam

Down by the dam
they'd swim;
On hot summer days
Kids dove on a whim
And though
I could bob
in the deepest of seas
I wouldn't go in
past my knob knees;
for the eels 
were below
in the dark 
don't you know;
I'd stay high and dry
Dig in my heels
Kick at the dirt
with my toe
while others would leap
in cool waters deep
 As I wondered 
just how it would feel
Still I'd rather have boat
to row
and to float
and not wonder
what's tickling
my toe.

by Donna JT Smith, 4/3/2017

Tomorrow is a plate of E and a side poem... this is a great plate.  I do wonder about the story behind it.  I'm sure there is a story!

4 comments:

  1. A short one! Now I'm starting to think what would I write on my plate, if we were allowed to choose...

    -----
    Eva - Mail Adventures
    D is for Degollado. Which makes a curious name for a building...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'd rather have eels in my sushi than around my feet. Ick!

    A to Z Challenge: Discount!

    Isa-Lee Wolf

    A Bit 2 Read
    @IsaLeeWolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the poem for a fantasy writer at the opening of this post.
    That's a fun poem going with the plate.
    Beavers with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...