Friday, April 7, 2017

FAWN #AtoZ Challenge

Welcome, Poetry Friday!  Welcome, poets!  So much is going on all at once it seems. 

This is Day 7 of the Progressive Poem and time for Irene Latham at Live Your Poem  to add her 2 cents worth...though I think it's probably more like 2 dollars or more really... This poem ought to be worth over $50 when it's done, don't you think?  She is also hosting Poetry Friday there today, so make sure you stop by and see all the great links and the next line in the Progressive Poem!  I'll be adding to it on April 21.  This is going to be interesting.

Here are the lines so far:
I’m fidget, friction, ragged edges—
I sprout stories that frazzle-dazzle,
stories of castles, of fires that crackle,
with dragonwords that smoke and sizzle.

But edges sometimes need sandpaper,
like swords need stone and clouds need vapour…

**************************
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2017/04/atozchallenge-4-7-2017-letter-f.html
**************************
Notes about this challenge:
The A to Z Challenge is to write to the letters of the alphabet in order, one a day each day in April, except on Sundays.  
I am, for the second year, posting vanity plates in Maine.  Because it is April, National Poetry Month, I'm going to write a poem based on the the license plate. On Sunday I will post a bonus plate - an extra one I've found that intrigues me.    
To find more A to Z Challenge blog posts, click on any A to Z Challenge link I've made in this post, or the E badge above. Read through the comment links on that page and see what interests you.  Read.  Comment. Spread the love of our alphabet around!
If you are commenting here, please include your post's link so that I can return the visit easily.  I'd like to visit your site, if you don't mind!

If you want to see where I've visited, click on A to Z Challenge in the tab at the top and it will take you to a padlet of links.  If you want to see yours there, visit me.  If you are doing the A to Z Challenge, I'll visit you and link you.
**************************


FAWN (A Rhyming Acrostic)
Fragile, yet sturdy,
Agile and quick;
Wandering warily,
Nimble ears flick.

by Donna JT Smith, April, 2017

Tomorrow's offering is a plate of G and a poem.  Hope you can come back for another serving.

14 comments:

  1. Your Fawn poem is lovely!

    Beth Lapin

    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/fantasy/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funderful!
    http://thebookwright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I can see the fawns frolicking in the fields of Maine (btw, I/we love the Pine tree state). What a fresh little poem! Thanks for sharing!


    Let your “fingers do the walking” just follow Curious as a Cathy for the latest in Art Sketching Through the Alphabet featuring the letter “F” for fence, frog, fox, & funny face. Follow the link & be the first to tell me what “F” things to sketch next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I've been to see your frolicking walking through F today. You should draw a frolicking fawn next!

      Delete
  4. Nice job! We have deer in our back yard and fawns are a particular treat. Love those nimble flicking ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have at least one doe with a new fawn or two each spring. It's probably more, but I can't tell them apart! We used to have a couple of moose families that would peek in our windows, but they have moved on to deeper woods I think.

      Delete
  5. I had rarely seen deer before my parents moved from the city to a small town in the country. I remember how their neighbors would smile and shake their heads knowingly when I first started visited, and would go absolutely nuts every time I spotted a deer, not realising that deer are a dime a dozen in the country, and actually drive people nuts by nibbling all their flowerbeds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those nimble ears! It's amazing to me how fawns perch themselves on those spindly legs. So light on their feet. Thank you, Donna! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This one takes acrostic to a whole new level. What an image of those frolicking fawns. Now if I could just convince ours that our garden is not their salad bar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An acrostic and rhyming, and beautifully done. I am in awe that you discover these license plate words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! A rhyming acrostic! I just told my students I have never mastered that level of poeting! Good onya!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...