Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ayuh to Z Challenge - F Bonus

I am going to post extra titles, authors and poems on Sundays to fill in the extra days for National Poetry Month.

Sunday's are not a required day to post for the A-to-Z Challenge, but because I have extras of some letters, more time on my hands than I know what to do with, and more words than brains, AND I am doing the 30 day poem writing challenge for NaPoWriMo, here goes for a pre-scheduled poem on a Sunday.  
Don't be confused or alarmed; a new Letter F poem will be up tomorrow, too!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here is my Bonus F poem!
My Theme for A-to-Z: Book Titles A to Z written by Maine authors,
and a poem for that title each day for the month of April. The poem is not about the book itself, but is inspired by the title only!

F is for: "

Fairy Houses
by
Maine author and illustrator, Tracy Kane.

Do you remember making fairy houses in the forest?  The Maine woods is a great place for building a fairy house.  Tracy Kane talks about Fairy house building in this video clip.



Link to Tracy Kane's web site.

Then there is also - so the poem really can be for both!



Fairy Houses of the Maine Coast 
by Maureen Heffernan

Maureen Heffernan is the executive director of the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. She gives presentations and workshops about gardening. She lives in Boothbay, Maine.

Fairy Houses

What’s that
over there
beneath
that rock?
It’s a wee cottage -
let’s knock!
Wait...sh...there’s
a whisp of flurry
flitting
in that tiny place!
Is it a fairy
sitting
amongst
silver webs
and
gold gossamer
unwitting?
Do not delay,
tiptoe softly
away!
Do not
disturb her
knitting!

©Donna JT Smith, 2014

Today's post was brought to you by the Letter F!

Fantastic!

See you again tomorrow Letter F with a different book title poem!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat project for children (or anyone). Building a fairy house sounds like absolute fun .... and I don't say that about many things. But I love gardening and a fairy house would fit in nicely. Great poem and a great F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Donna - you really gave my day a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely, "do not delay/tiptoe softly away". A local nursery that I love sells or helps one create fairy houses, little places filled with tiny plants, etc. I've never heard of anyone building them in the woods. So neat!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...