Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Twitch of Sick - Day 4 SOL

Two Writing Teachers SOL Day 4!  Check out other slices there.

Twitch of Sick

When I awoke this morning, I was feeling pretty low
and then I knew just where it was I really had to go -

The supper last night was a feast and tasted most delish;
no doubt, it was, when it went in a meal that was nutrish.

In my belly plans were changed, a new itinerary:
stop at tummy, turn around, a U-turn’s necessary.

I almost made it all the way I raced to lift the lid;
“Sorry, mom, I know I missed, I’m just a little kid.”

- a kid who has a not so funny, rumbly tummy twitch;
a twitch perhaps is not the word - a gastrointestinal glitch?

My Juicy Little Universe - poetry challenge using words ending in CH.  Today's word: Twitch

My daughter texted me this morning, that she and her 3 year old son were "throwing up"...  So my poem today changed from twitch in a spring poem, to one about vomiting.  Nice change, huh?
She is far away, and my first thought was, she needs me.  How can she take care of herself and her son AND keep the baby cared for and uninfected? Besides, she's my child!
In a few seconds the next text came through:
"I wouldn't want you to get sick, but this still makes me want my mommy."
Sigh.
Wish we lived closer.

6 comments:

  1. I feel you. I still want my mom when I am sick. Hope everyone is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartstrings are tugged with those texts. I know that "I wish we lived closer" feeling. You amaze me every time that you are able to keep a rhyming pattern. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being sick and throwing are not fun. At least you made a clever poem from it.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that! I had surgery last summer, and my mom came to stay with me for two weeks - despite her fear of my four dogs. Being a parent is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you are far away, but perhaps the poem about her plight will help somehow. That tummy flu is not fun at all, especially when the young ones have it too. The poem is delightful, if one can actually say that about throwing up as a topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to be far away when you feel they need you most, Donna. Thanks for providing a new word - gastrointestinal glitch, I like that much better than vomiting.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...