Monday, March 30, 2015

Love in Ten Lines


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/sol15-day30/


Wow!  Day 30 in the Slice of Life Challenge is upon us!  One more day to go!  And then it will be on to more challenges.  A-to-Z is next and I'll be posting a poem a day with a picture each day of a sign.  You will just have to check back and see on Wednesday.  I'm not even sure what turn it will take.
And for more fun in April: on the 22nd, I will be guest hosting at Laura Shovan's Author Amok, and April 29th, I will be adding the next to last line on the Progressive Poem at Irene Latham's Live Your Poem.  It's going to be a fun month!

Today's slice is a love poem for a poem...I love writing, so it seemed fitting at the end of this month, I would post a poem about writing poems.  Is there any one else up for the challenge of writing a Love Poem using the guidelines below?  Let me know and I'll make you an official nominee!

Gillena Cox has given a challenge to write a love poem of 10 lines using the word "love" in each line.  Here is my Love Poem - a poem about loving poetry.

RULES
Write about love using only 10 lines.
Use “love” in every line.
Each line can only be 4 words long.
Nominate 10 or so others who are up for the challenge.
Let them know about the challenge.
Title the post, Love in Ten Lines

My 10 nominations are going out to:  TBA

"this love of mine"
is a love complete;
this love of phrases
is a love replete
with love of meter
and love of rhymes,
a love of story,
a love of times,
love of pure senses;
this love, poetry, recompenses.

©Donna JT Smith, 2015

"This Love of Mine" is a song by sung here by Frank Sinatra, accompanied by the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra in 1941.

16 comments:

  1. Donna, I have enjoyed reading your poetry throughout the month. I am always in awe of anyone who can choose just the right words to share so much thought and emotion. Your love of writing, especially poetry, is quite obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed this month of poetry and slicing and am looking forward to the next! I've also enjoyed "meeting you", and always look forward to reading your comments! I hope you will stick around for more writing in April - both mine and YOURS! Keep posting on TWT for Tuesdays! See you there! One more day of SOLC 15!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful challenge, Donna & you've met it well. You know I'll look for you in the A to Z, & I'll be joining the other two as well. What a fun month April will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I am going to steal it. And your poem is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's not possible to steal it! It's being given freely!!! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Oh, how I love your Love poem in ten lines. Such a talent. When I saw the rules, I thought, Eh, gad, exactly what we should not do, repeat an overused word 10 times! And yet, your result smooths in my mouth like mint chocolate. Bravo!
    I'll be joining you in your April activities. I am also signed up to post for Laura and to write a line on the Progressive Poem. My writing will turn to digital poetry. I invite you to share your work at #DigiPoetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, that was my first thought, too...a poem with the same word used 10 times in 10 lines - but then I tried it and it started to come together okay.
      Fun in April! I'll definitely be checking out your post for Laura, and your digital poetry posts.

      Delete
  5. Well done! Your poem had such a lovely beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Can't believe it's the end of March already!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for inviting me, Donna, to take on this challenge. I am going to put it on my list of things to try. For me, April has been set aside to work on renewing my National Board Certification...I've spent so much time reading and writing slices in March that I didn't quite accomplish what I wanted on it. I WILL be able to check into see some of your poetry, though. Might as well learn from a master.

    Thanks so much for rooting me on to bring out my inner poet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! First things first. I'm retired but still work on our Region's teacher certification board, and am a teacher mentor for new hires for state certification. So go get that National Board Certification done!
      After that poet, start your engine! It's in there for sure! You can write about how much fun it was to get your NBC!
      I'm happy that you enjoy my poetry and that you will have some time to chekc back. I'm still growing at this poetry stuff - can't consider myself a master yet! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Wow yours seemed to have just slipped from your pen, i thought this challenge quite a difficult one, luv your poem, thanks for sharing the link back

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillena! It did come fairly easily after making two much ruder attempts. I almost just said "can't", when this came to me.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...