Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunshine

Thanks, Mary Hill of Maryeandering for passing on the Sunshine Award to me.  I would love to now pass on a little sunshine if I could today.

Here are my answers to the questions posed -

1. What inspired you to start blogging?  
I actually started blogging on a couple of my other sites,  one being "Wireless in the Wilderness" which was the start of a blog telling people where they could have a cup of coffee and be wireless in Maine - which are not always easy to find in the wilderness, and the other is "Talk n Tech" which was to pass along tech tips for teachers.  I then got involved with Two Writing Teachers through their Slice of Life daily blogging in March two years ago,  and from there I just kept on writing.

2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?  

Well, my site is main(e)ly my writing in Maine.  It just fit and no one had the name already.  Can you imagine if I lived in California...Californialy Write...nope.

3. What is your favorite blog to read?  

This is not a blog of one of my blogger friends out there.  It's just a blog I've enjoyed reading and recommended to my new mom of a daughter. I haven't visited it much lately.  The title is almost worse/better than the blog: Crappy Pictures.  A mom draws simple pictures to go with her all too real stories about her life with young children and family pets.  I find it hysterical most of the time. You need to read more than one post to get a real feel for the reality of it.  Maybe start with this one.
I have many other favorite blogs written by bloggers I've come to know a bit, but I hesitate to name them all, as I will undoubtedly leave out someone's blog.  So suffice it to say, if you know I'm talking about you, I am.

4. Tell us about your dream job: 

Being a writer and writing something really, really wonderful that even I like to read, as well as people who don't even know me, so they don't have to think it is wonderful because they know me, but think it is wonderful in spite of the fact that they don't know and love me already.

5. Is your glass half-full or half-empty?  

My glass is at least half full.  It's usually running over.  I really need to pay attention when I turn the water on.  A couple of days ago I was cleaning the kitchen sink and I left the water running.  Good thing there was that second drain...

6. If you could go anywhere for a week's vacation, where would you go?  

I would teleport to Newfoundland.  I don't want to go by boat or plane and a car is out of the question.  So I'd teleport as soon as that becomes available to people older than 6.  I've taught first grade.  They teleport.

7. What food can you positively not eat? 

It seems that I have developed an allergy to strawberries and grapes.  And I hate egg whites.  Uncooked they are gross and cooked you can chew them all day and you can't swallow them.  They just turn to fine particles that stay in your mouth forever.

8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? 

Yes, please.  (you know, for the longest time I was reading it as chocolate milk and couldn't figure out why the question would be worded that way)

9. How much time do you spend blogging? 

I don't think this is important for anyone to know.  I can quit any time I want to.  I quit before.  I could quit again.  I'm fine.  I can quit chocolate, too.

10. Do you watch TV and if so, what are your favorite shows? 

We are on AppleTV and watch mostly old shows on Netflicks.  We watch all the episodes of a couple shows at a time, one episode a night till it's over.  One of my very favorites is a British show called Doc Martin.  He's a surgeon who has developed a blood phobia and has moved out to a private practice in a rural coastal area.  He's a bit autistic, so it makes for very interesting viewing.
Okay, now for 9 out of the 10 bloggers possible, that I have nominated for the Sunshine Award - take the button and answer the questions, if you feel up to it!



14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Donna! Really cheers me up! I will have to keep this for a while though, because I posted another Sunshine Award just last week, or maybe the week before. I love Awards though, and though the questions are the same, this one doesn't have the creepy, Tellytubbie baby burning up sun as it's logo so it's way cooler! You say first graders teleport? They should teach the 7th graders, who are late for everything. I spent 8 years teaching them...when they finally arrived. Then the moms would yell at me for giving their precious, perfect child detention, so they missed the bus, so they themselves had to come pick up the child. My entire point. Make it inconvenient for all concerned, that way the parents impose some consequence on said child and they will endeavor to be on time for once...and wow, did I go off...perhaps I need to write a post about it.
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only EVERYONE could teleport...they'd have NO excuses for being late! Of course, parents teleporting to school would make it less of an inconvenience for them, so I don't know how that would work for helping to instill responsibility. There are a couple of post possibilities here!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Donna! I'm going to TRY to remember to do this, because it looks like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! You made my day sunshiney and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Sunshine, Donna! I loved your responses. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Donna-long day, so your 'ending' makes my day a very good one indeed! I was glad to hear about your other blogs. I wish you would post about tech sometimes. I know you know a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have been very busy - in a good way! It was fun to read about your trip with the kids!

      Delete
  6. get responses!! thank you donna!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have to remember to go back and see what others have written for their responses!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the nomination! I'll put it on my list of posts, but I'm not sure how soon I'll actually get to it. I do appreciate the nom, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award and REALLY enjoyed my visit to Crappy Pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...