Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It's my daughter's birthday today!  Yea!  And she is home for a bit visiting with her baby, so I get the presents!  Ha!  The joke is on her!

Somewhere in time
On this day in May
A daughter was
Born to me
And she is
As sweet as,
And as kind as,
And as beautiful as...
Nothing I can think of;
All compare to her.
Honey is as sweet as she,
Angels are as kind as she,
Her child is
As beautiful as she.

© 2012, Donna JT Smith

I could be prejudiced, but I'm trying to be objective here...really!

5 comments:

  1. It cannot be more delightful than to have one's granddaughter home for her mother's birthday! (I hope I got that right!) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful sentiment. Every parent should know this & feel this way, Donna.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost right! Grandson. But it is very special. I used her first birthday candle on her cake For both of our kids we had an ornamental animal candle for the first birthday so her cake had a gray kitten on it as her first birthday as a mom!

      Delete
  2. Just lovely...and what a wonderful treat for you to have daughter and grand daughter together to celebrate. Hugs and love all around, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very special day for a first time mom and grandmother!

      Delete
  3. never be objective when it comes to children!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...