Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X is for X the R's

This is the eXtra, eXtravagant and eXcellent eXtravaganza beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 24, Letter X!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.
This X marks the spot where you can find more AtoZ posts!


No Ahs Allowed

Do not use ah ahs heyah.
We'ah tryin' to reduce
The times we have to use them
And relieve their ovahuse.

In Maine we don't use ahs too much
From early mawn till dahk
We anchah boats in hahbah
And ta home ah cahs we pahk.

Just say no to this heyah lettah
The one just aftah Q
And S can snuggle up to it
If it's not next to U.

©Donna JT Smith, 2015

If that was too hard to read, I've recorded it here!




And today is the day Amy at The Poetry Farm adds her line to the Progressive Poem, and the day that I read it and fret over the next line...the line to be added.  Go there and check out what she said!  It's amazing.  This poem is amazing!  What am I going to do?  Hmmm.
I   have   no   idea...

1 comment:

  1. X the R's...that's clever! I never looked at a railroad crossing sign and thought of that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...