Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for Trail X-ing

This is the Talent-laden, Triumphant and Totally Thought-provoking beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 20, Letter T!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.

I'm hoping you can also stop by Laura Shovan's spot at Author Amok and read my guest host post about skirts today, and check out the previous guest posts on more clothing related topics!  It's a month of fun clothing poetry she's offering!
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2015.html
To visit more blogs in the AtoZ Challenge, click the T!


Trail kissing?
Are you serious?
Is this a lovers' lane?
Or do we kiss 
The trail we tread?
This seems a bit insane!
Maybe this trail
Is where we make
Our "x" to mark the spot
Where we have
Buried treasure hidden
Inside a golden pot.
 Or
It could be
That we're x-ing out
This trail and where it led,
So we don't
Have to follow it,
And we can stay in bed. 

©Donna JT Smith, 2015


Unless I get very bUsy, it will be Useless to go visit U.  YoU won't know Until tomorrow if I Used the Unclaimed U for a Unique poe-Um, or if I Ushered it out the door.

7 comments:

  1. Your interpretation of the lines is awesome, Donna. I never thought beyond the X really. Ending- a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These signs have been more fun than I had thought! These would actually be great to do with a class using pictures they took or random pictures from other places. Or get an old sign and bring it into the classroom... arghhh! Now I'm getting ideas I can't use. I may have to get myself into a classroom to do some poetry writing with some kids.

      Delete
    2. I 'meant', interpretation of the signs-argh!

      Delete
  2. Haha! That is funny. It's a Kissing Trail. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll be able to look at those signs the same way anymore. Wait until I get to X...

      Delete
  3. I like kissing but I would hope the x was for a treasure!! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...