Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for Quit Zone

This is the Questionable, Quacky and Quirky Quintessential Gala beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 17, Letter Q!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.

On Wednesday, I will be guest at Laura Shovan's Author Amok, where she is posting clothing poetry for the month of April.
Click the Q to Quickly access mass Quantities of Quality AtoZ bloggers!


Quit Zone

This zone is set for
You to quit in
It's like a mini quitting
Sit-in.

Quit your braking
In this zone
Quit your lying
And don't moan.

Quit your lessons,
Quit your doubt,
Quit complaining
And don't shout.

Quit leaving food
On your plate;
Quit eating meat,
Quit sleeping late.

Quit your running,
Quit your meanness,
Quit eating fat -
Stick to leanness.

Quit perservering;
Procrastinate -
No, just "quit the quitting"
For goodness sake...

     What?  It isn't quit?

         The word is quiet??

             But I'm not done
         
               I must quit diet...

I guess I have to
    rethink this,
      To quit this poem
          or be remiss?

©Donna JT Smith, 2015

Always read carefully.  As Gilda Radner as Emily Litella would say, "Nevermind!"

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this episode of Weekend Update. It's one of the few I've shared with my teens. After reading your poem, I'm rethinking my late night snack.

    Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this violins segment! It's been one that I've had stuck in my brain since it first aired!

      Delete
  2. Great poem! I'm going to quit this comment now and go and be quiet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not too quiet! I love Carlton! So does Noah.

      Delete
  3. Clever, Donna, I wondered all through the poem how you would connect it to the sign. Well done. Sadly I have to quit my reading & go to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you'll be back... that quitting never "takes"!

      Delete
  4. Fun poem! I wish more people would quit doing those things you mentioned (lying, doubting, shouting). Like Linda, it's time for my to quit my blog time.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...