Saturday, April 11, 2015

J is for Joe So Wicked Good

This is the Jammin', Jivin' and Just Jazzy beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 10, Letter J!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2015.html

                                              Wicked Good Joe

                                              Wicked Joe's the way to go,
                                              A wicked java brew,
                                              A locally roasted wonder -
                                              True Mainer through and through.

                                              Hot and hearty on the boat
                                              Before the light of dawn,
                                              Or cruising in the 4 x 4
                                              With lid snapped tightly on!

                                              Rugged ground, like Maine terrain,
                                              We crave this cup o'Joe;
                                              It's a wicked awesome secret
                                              Mugs from away don't know.

©Donna JT Smith, 2015


4 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than a good cup of Joe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had Wicked Joe for breakfast. Great way to start the day!

      Delete
  2. I love that final line, Donna. When on a trip with my students, my colleagues & I made sure we had a 'cuppa joe' to greet the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's blended and ground quite close by here, so is pretty readily available in grocery stores and restaurants. I just love a nice, strong cup or two of black coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...