Friday, May 17, 2013

This is Not the Poem

I came across a link yesterday purely by accident and just in time.  I could have dismissed it.  But I didn't.  I pursued it.  And in one day I got an answer.  One day.  Actually in less than 24 hours I got a yes.  It's not a huge deal but it is.
Anyway, when you are done here, hop on over to the next Poetry Friday host's site to catch some more poetic blogging entries.  They're at Ed DeCaria's Think, Kid, Think!

My husband had a birthday
On the 15th day in May
And I wished for him a good one
I sang his praise that day

As I poked around my blogroom
I noted one old link
I'd followed for a while
But they'd drifted off, I think

They hadn't posted in a while
Since April's end last year
So I went off to take a peak
Don't know what drove me there

This poster only wrote for May
Then came to a dead stop
They only wrote for A to Z
Existing for one hop.

I don't know why I did it
But I clicked the site a bit
And found a little book link
That said to click on it

And that is where I found
A magazine online
Submit your finest work
You haven't lots of time

Have you a work in words?
Do you have aught to say?
The deadline is approaching
Submit it right away

And so I rushed a copy
By email, not by post
They really liked my poem
Though I don't want to boast

They said that it was good
They said they'd like to use it
So I'm going to have it published
Where others may peruse it

As soon as it comes out
I'll tell you where to find it
I had to tell someone, so
I hope you didn't mind it!

It isn't a paper copy, and it isn't for money, but it's published by someone other than myself!  So I'm pretty ecstatic.  I'll give you details when it comes out.


26 comments:

  1. Hurrah for you! I know you can't share it, but I'm so happy for you, Donna. The best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited! It's one I have online now. I debated about taking it down, but the guidelines didn't say it had to be an unread poem.

      Delete
  2. Way to go! This is the way to start and who knows where it will lead. Isn't it amazing how things happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, hooray - and thanks for sharing the good news this marvelous way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! (And I love how you shared your big news!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Doraine. It's a humble beginning...but hopefully a beginning!

      Delete
  6. A clever announcement of wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keri! I hope to get braver now and submit more.

      Delete
  7. Glad you added your work to the collection. It's a nice idea to put together and e-mag like this..

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that it definitely couldn't hurt. They may not have lots of submissions - don't know. And maybe not lots of readership - don't know. But, hey! I'm feeling pretty good about someone else wanting my work in their stuff, and I liked what I read there! So content and happy as a clam, I am! It's going in Shadows Express. Do you know of them?

      Delete
  8. WOW! How exciting! Published anywhere is PUBLISHED! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I look at it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. That's fantastic! Congratulations!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...