Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Found Poem in the Midst of Our SOL

I've taken most of our Slice of Life post titles and written a found poem...It's a triple part slice of life poem of appreciation...a gift of acknowledgement to slicers out there.  I apologize if I could not fit yours in this poem.  Some titles were just not fitting in the three categories to my liking, so I had to leave them out. I have read almost all the posts today and found so many good ones.  Lots about connectedness and connections in life, lots of reflective pieces on the past school year and Oklahoma.  Now I'm going back for commenting.  Wow.  What a group.  What wonderful slices.  Just thought you should know.  I appreciate you.
See what I'm talking about.  Visit the "rest of the stories" here at Two Writing Teachers.


A Triple Slice of Life - Appreciation Feedback: A Gift of Acknowledgement


Oklahoma strong
Storms
Swarm
This close;
All gone,
New game.
Material Girl through a new lens

Praying for Oklahoma,
The bitter with the sweet

Connectedness
.

The Great Divide -
Should have been...

Beginning to reflect...

What about respect
?

Thinking about purpose for students,

Risking mediocrity
;
Tales of words, rich - glorious - sound stretching words
...
Clerihews and limericks.

Mind flip -
Saturday mornings
Searching

My secret keeping place
,

Walking

(I am not much of an outdoor person)
,
Summer reading

Once a year
 -
No Regrets.

13 comments:

  1. What a clever slice!! Love that you thought to do this - and came up with a good poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great found poem! They are some my favorite poems. Thanks for mentioning mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I love how you used much of what this community put out today to create something new, while acknowldging what you have received. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, you are amazing the way you find poetry in every place. What a clever approach today. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was very beautifully put together, and it is most pleasing to me that I was able to provide the words that wrap it up. Thank you for finding more meaning in what I had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a found poem. You are so good. I love how you find poetry everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea for a slice. More important the rich meaning with the words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! What a great idea! I just love it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, all! It was a fun exercise, and even funner reading all the posts yesterday. I'm still finishing up commenting on each.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem! I even found my post in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY clever and what a neat idea for kids to do with books!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...