Friday, February 24, 2012

Thanks for this Moment

Thank you Diana at One Literacy Coach for my inspiration today...actually yesterday, but I'd already posted.  It was a quiet rainy morning, and I relaxed and had my coffee, my cat, my dog, my book and a quiet house with a nice fire going in the woodstove.  Could a moment in time be better?

Maybe with chocolate.
But that's for another post.

I'm thankful this moment
For this daily slice
I treasure this minute
So cozy and nice.
As rain hits the rooftop
It patters o'erhead
The dog sleeps so soundly;
The embers glow red.
Its warmth stops the cat
He finishes cleaning
It's time for a nap
For curling, not preening.
So I curl up too
My coffee mug steaming
Reading my book
And so close to dreaming
I'm thankful this moment
For a quiet retreat
This moment of time
When all feels complete.

Be happy I didn't end it this way...like I was tempted...

The quiet surrounds
Thanks for the moment.
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a rodent.

Thanks, MsMac, for hosting Poetry Friday today.


2 comments:

  1. So-was it just too cozy to end that way? Ha, ha, very funny. By now I believe that the rodents are all nestled somewhere else. When we find them in the garage, it's usually in the fall when the nights get cold & they move in. Sounds like a little story, doesn't it? I love the serenity of your poem, sounds so nice Donna & made me feel very good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem describes just how I hope today will be for me. It's blowy-white outside, and I plan to curl up just like a cat near the embers of a fire...with a book. (And hopefully no rodents.) a.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...