Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Today is Clean Up Your Room Day

Today is "Clean Up Your Room Day"...
I hate cleaning my room, but I like a clean room.  I also don't mind a messy one, though. There is some comfort provided by a lived-in home.

Ah, my house is a mess, my desk is a mess...
But sometimes I like it, I guess.

Sedoka
The Sedoka is an unrhymed poem made up of two three-line katauta with the following syllable counts: 5/7/7, 5/7/7.
A Sedoka, pair of katauta as a single poem, may address the same subject from differing perspectives.
Katauta is an unrhymed three-line poem the following syllable counts: 5/7/7.

So, here is my Sedoka to a cluttered room:

This room is a mess
The clutter overtaking
The sanity of my realm;

This room is a nest
Where sanity is restored
At an untidy day's end.

5 comments:

  1. I like the way you think. Messy is not always bad, sometimes even necessary. Neatness does have its qualities but they aren't the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super poems. I love your perspective. Sometimes I look at the mess in my home and remind myself of the greater reason for the mess: my family. :)Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like it when you do some explaining 'before' the writing, not just the structure, but the process. You make it so interesting that way. I like the end, wraps up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate especially to the lines "the clutter overtaking the sanity of my realm". You captured the messy dilemma well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never thought of a messy room as a nest--I like that. It is comforting to know that your life is full of rich activity. A Sedoka--have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

O is for Optimistic

Good Words Alphabetically: O is for Optimistic I wrote this in 20 min last night after writing to the word “oasis” and being all set to pub...