Sunday, August 4, 2019

Climbing


Climbing

Once I was young
And free of most cares
Now that I’m older
I find that the stairs
Are higher and steeper
Than any I’ve known
But still I look back
On the garden I’ve sown
Everything’s good
Though perfection it’s not
Yet there is a story
Back there with a plot
It’s taken me here
To the next thrilling act
The cliffhanger page where
You’re missing some fact
So I lift my right foot
Then likewise my left
I drag myself up
Till I rest in the cleft
Yes the steps are much harder
The higher you climb
But the view from the top
Will be something sublime.

By Donna JT Smith 8/4/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

R is for Rocking

Good Words Alphabetically: R is for Rocking   Words from a Rocking Chair I rock in chair on days of sun And rock until the day is done I ro...