Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Slow School Zone

This is the Zany, Zealous and Zigzaggingest Zoom beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 26, Letter Z the last, LAST DAY, of the alphabet, the last letter of the month, the last day of the month!  Hey, tomorrow is May!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.
Z last of z letters - Go visit others today!



Slow School Zone

We think we must give warning
There's a school that's moving slowly;
It isn't that the kids are slow
By no means oh, no, no-ly!

It's just the way the school proceeds
When going down the road;
No bus arrives to pick up kids -
The school picks up the load.

This mobile school goes door to door
Slowly motoring by,
Picking up the school children
From each home on the fly.

Students spend the day inside
As in the zone it roams,
And when at last the day is done
They hop out at their homes.

Watch out for the slow school zone -
No passing's allowed there;
So maybe you can find a route
that you don't have to share.

Donna JT Smith, 2015

Here's my poem written on a Starbuck's napkin on Monday.  Yes, I know.  My husband gave me a notebook so I'd always have paper to write down poems.  I forgot.


And NOW, let's not forget to go visit Matt Forrest Esenwine who has the LAST LINE of the Progressive Poem, 2015!  I can hardly wait to see how this epic poem ends!  Thanks, Irene Latham, for organizing this fantastic National Poetry Month Progressive Poem.  This was a blast!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Great poem, Donna. I can't wait to read the end it has been delightful this year.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...